Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sneak Peek: Jesse's Toast at his Best Friend's Wedding

I thought I would treat the people to a preview of the speech I plan to give at my boy Jones' wedding. Here it goes:

Thank you for everyone who helped put this very special day together. I know Stephen and Annia had a big part in planning this incredible evening, but they could not have done it without the help and gudance of Joan and Dennis Jones and Annia's parents, Terry, Bernado and Joe. I realize I'm not the only one who traveled a distance to be here tonight, I know there are others, including Annia's brother, David, who came in from Florida. To everyone who traveled, both near and far, thank you all for coming and making this a special night for these two.

I haven't got to spend much time with Annia, because, as most of you know, I don't live in NY anymore. One thing I do know is that family is very important to her. This was made clear to me when I met her, along with Terry and Joe at Friday's when I was home for the holidays in 2007. Family tells you a great deal about a person and it's wonderful to see someone value their family as much as Annia does. Family is important to Stephen as well, obviously, since he still lives in his parents' basement.

On a serious note, I don't need to interact with Annia that much to know what kind of person she is. As I was reading about love to prepare for what I wanted to say tonight, I found this: “Tell me who you love and I will tell you who you are.” I know Annia loves Stephen very much, and that tells me everything I will ever need to know about her.

I've known Stephen for half my life and growing up together, we both made our share of mistakes. But moving forward, Annia will always be by his side, regardless of his missteps because as it says in Proverbs, “love covers over all wrongs.”

To close, I want to say, I couldn't be happier for you, Jones, I love you. Welcome to the family Mrs. Jones.

Please stand, put your glasses in the air and join me in wishing these two the best of luck and happiness for the future.


-Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment