Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Prediction Review and a Playoff Preview, Pt. 1

Let's take a look back at my pre-week 14 playoff picks.  

I had the NFC like this: New York Giants, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, Carolina, Atlanta
and the AFC like this: Tennessee, Pittsburgh, New York Jets, Denver, Indianapolis, Miami.

Here's a look at the actual playoff picture.  I was 9/12 on the teams , but just 6/12 on the seeds.  Not very impressive, I know.  Let's hope my playoff prediction goes better.

Playoff Preview

During the Wild Card round, I have the Colts over the Chargers, even with an EST team traveling to the westsiiiiide.  Mr. Laser Rocket Arm has tossed 17 TDs to just 3 INTs over the Colts' nine game winning streak.  Even more impressive, is he's doing it with Joseph Addai having a terrible year, missing four games and only rushing for 544 yards at a 3.5 YPC average. 

Next up, you know I have to pick Miami over Baltimore.  I know the birds beat the fish week 7, but that was with the old Chad Pennington.  Since then, he's led the club to a 9-1 record with a  13 to 4 TD-INT ratio.  Ronnie and Ricky won't get much accomplished against Ray Lewis and Co. so I think the D in Dolphins will stand for defense and Peezy hassles Flacco into a couple of mistakes.  Fins win a close, low scoring game at home!

In the NFC, I love Atlanta over Arizona (who doesn't?).  ROY Matt Ryan should have his best game since he went 16/23 for 248 yds and 2 TDs week 9 vs. New Orleans.  Kudos to Zona for hosting their first home playoff game since the Old Testament, but it will be over shortly after it starts.

Finally, in what looks to be the toughest pick of the week, I feel All Day will put on a show in his
playoff debut, but Tavaris Jackson will have some costly mistakes as the Vikings fall to the Eagles.  McNabb could go either way in this game, but he seems to be on a mission since his benching in week 12.  I go green in this matchup of mustached coaches.

Check back tomorrow for my Divisional Round Preview.

-Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment